Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mama and Jed's Trip to Union City

So it's 8:15pm on Monday evening and I get a phone call from a city number. I anxiously think to myself: "Could it be her? Could ot be Alexandria from Prestige?" I wasn't in an acceptable position to answer the phone(in the bathroom) so I let it go to voice mail. And I was right. It was Alexandria.

The call back to her was quick and easy. She told me that Hasbro wanted Jed for a casting the next day, anywhere from 10:30 am to 3:30pm. I planned it to go to Jed's gym class first then go to NJ except Jed was NOT feeling very well in the morning so I didn't want to expose him to my gym class. I guess it wasn't very smart to expose him to the babies at the shoot either but oh well. They were competition anyway. : )

We treked it to NJ the next morning with ease. I only took the wrong way once, but we got there in one piece. It was nice to take my old route, remembering back to the days of working in Edgewater, I got a little nostalgic thinking of all my good times working in the store there.

We found the place with ease, in a nice quiet neighborhood in Union City, NJ. The studio was friendly and bright. All I had to do was fill out a paper and then they measured his weight and hight. I then had to strip him to his diaper for the photos and we waitied to get his picture taken. A little girl named Olivia had her eye on him, she kept crawling over to him. It was so adorable.



When it was Jed's turn for pictures, he couldn't have been more a ham. When Mama wants to take pictures at home he ignores here and makes weird faces, but these strangers got all the attention! He smiled and looked up like a true model like he had done this his whole 11 month life. He actually gave me a hard time when it was over and I had to take him away from the camera. I knew this would be a great baby career for him!

So it was time to get dressed and Olivia was back. Jed and Oliva crawled around together, held hands, looked out the window and then parted ways. I saw a tear in her eye as I took away her first love. May she never forget...



This pic is the chair that I strapped Jed in at the rest stop. What a GREAT invention!

No comments:

Post a Comment