Saturday, May 22, 2010

Leavin' on a Road Trip...for 11 days.

Next Friday, Matt and I are going up to Hartford for two Dave Matthews Band concerts and then we are going for a road trip out to Arizona the day after we get back. My brother recently moved out there and needs his car so Matt and I offered to drive it out to him and fly back.

At first the plan was to take the Jedo. We thought it would be fun. We knew it would take a little longer and be a little more challenging but we were up to it. Just wondering, I asked my Ma if she would be interested in having him for the whole week. She is already watching him for the weekend so I thought it would work out for him to stay with her. Matt and I are desperate for some "us" time. All you parents out there know how hard it is to get even a measly day for just the two of you, let alone a week! So Super Grammy said yes, it actually worked out really well, and all the plans were set. We're going on a roadtrip!

This does mean one thing though. Mama is going to be away from her baby for about 11 days. This is unheard of in the New Mother Handbook. I am a little nervous about how I am going to react to this. I want to say that I am going to miss him a normal amount, like a Mama should, but I am also scared that I am going to REALLY miss him a crazy amount. I am scared he might take his first steps away from me. I am scared he might have a big change and I will miss it. I am scared he'll forget about me even though that's nuts! I know all of this is very unlikely, but as it gets close it gets more real.

I am going to be away from my baby boy for 11 days. 11 DAYS! AH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment